What is LANAP®?
Millions of Americans each year suffer from gum disease, yet only a small percentage actually receive treatment. Gum disease has been linked to a variety of health complications including but not limited to heart disease, pancreatic cancer, diabetes, and low birth-weight babies. Gum disease is an epidemic in this country and around the world, and until now the majority of the treatment options available included invasive surgery involving cutting the gum tissue down and suturing it back together, or extracting the teeth and recommending dentures or dental implants. But the day has finally arrived when patients do not have to fear or put off getting treatment!
With the introduction of the PerioLase® and the LANAP® protocol (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) we are able to remove and kill only the bacteria within the pockets of your gums while leaving the healthy tissue behind to reattach to the root surface! Why is this important? You can now enjoy less pain, less discomfort, less recession, less sensitivity, and much better and more predictable long-term results. LANAP® is the first and only FDA cleared laser protocol on the market and has been proven through extensive science and research studies in the United States and abroad. Quite simply it is the highest standard of care available in the world for the treatment of periodontal disease. Often we can save teeth that have previously been deemed hopeless by naturally regenerating the bone around the tooth.
If saving your teeth, reducing your pocket depths, and maintaining optimum periodontal health is important to you, this is a treatment that you must consider!
Beware of Phony Laser Treatments and False Advertisements!
This is the ONLY FDA cleared protocol for the treatment of periodontitis! It is also the ONLY laser with the science, research, and human histological studies to PROVE its claims! No matter what clinician you decide to get laser treatment from be sure that your doctor is Certified and they are using the PerioLase® . The Benefits of LANAP®
- Faster Healing
- This procedure is minimally invasive procedure that allows the body to heal itself quickly
- Less Discomfort
- Due to the bio stimulation capabilities of the Periolase there is usually little to no discomfort for our patients. It is very rare to prescribe pain medication post op.
- Less Downtime
- Most patients that opt for laser gum surgery can go straight back to their daily activities the same day!
- Little to No Recession
- Patients travel from across the state to have laser surgery because it does not lower the level of the gum line like traditional surgery.
- Reduce Inflammation and Bleeding
- The PerioLase® can remove 90% of the inflammation in your mouth after one visit. The laser specifically targets the bacteria in your mouth while leaving the healthy tissue intact.
- Minimal Bleeding
- With this procedure we are able to control the bleeding with the laser. This results in less bleeding and complications.
- Saves Teeth!
- Patient's number one reason to receive laser gum surgery is because they want to save and keep their natural teeth.
- Bone Regeneration
- This is the only protocol scientifically proven to regenerate bone around teeth.
- Very Safe
- There are zero contraindications with this laser meaning it does not interfere with any disease or medication.
Dr. Robert Mokbel, located in Fountain Valley, CA, is a Dentist who services patients from Huntington Beach, CA, Costa Mesa, CA, and Garden Grove, CA. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!